2019 USA EASTERN & SOUTHERN EVENTS (all):
- April 13 ’19 – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Annual Spring French Car Meet, Longwood, Florida. 174 West Church Avenue, Longwood, Fl 32750. There will be casual food and drinks available for purchase (including beer and wine). Free admission and parking. If your French car is resting, feel free to drive another classic car, as this is a big event with up to 200 enthusiasts’ cars. You may want to bring a chair, and well behaved and friendly dogs are welcome too! Consider making an information sheet to put in a window or on the dashboard with some information about your car. Please RSVP, to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can reserve parking for all of our cars together. If you get lost, you can call: Willem G. van de Wouw – cell: 407-920-1086.
- May 17-19 ’19 – 100th Anniversary Celebration at Citroëns at Carlisle. Brad Nauss is working with the Carlisle Shows organizers to feature an indoor “invitational display” of Citroëns. The organizers are looking for interesting cars, not necessarily show cars. Those who apply and are accepted will have their Citroëns displayed indoors as part of the special timeline display from Thursday until Sunday. You can apply online here, or download the application and apply by mail, or contact Brad Nauss for more information and a hard copy of the application at: 717-691-8550 or email: email@example.com.
Here is the tentative schedule:• Thursday – invitational display cars arrive, and early birds. Get together Thursday night for casual dinner.• Friday – working on some activities for Friday morning and early afternoon. 2 seminars late Friday afternoon, followed by a pizza party at the club tent.• Saturday – activities to include… a Citroën parade, 3 seminars, a Citroën birthday cake and “Happy Birthday to Citroën”. Many other activities throughout the day by other clubs and Carlisle Events.• Saturday night – dinner buffet and another birthday party!!• Sunday – morning breakfast get together, followed by possible activities at the fairgrounds.
- June 13-16 ’19 – Rendezvous East – Saratoga Springs, NY. The largest gathering of classic Citroëns in North America. Registration will be open soon at https://citroenrendezvous.org/.
- July 14 ’19 – 9:00 am – Bastille Day Rendezvous – New York City. The 20th annual get-together to celebrate Bastille Day. Starting at Grant’s Tomb, Riverside Drive South & 122nd Street. For more info visit: www.greaternycitroenvelosolexclub.com.
- Aug 9 – 12 ’19 – Citroën Centenary Weekend in Wisconsin. This will be in conjunction with the annual Botham Vinyard Vintage Classic Car Show (8180 Langberry Road, Barneveld, WI 53507). Paul Vogel has made these useful anticipatory arrangements with the Swiss Aire Motel, a 26-room motel in the scenic town of New Glarus, WI. https://newglarusbrewing.com/ourtown/map. Rooms are $110 and $100 with a 2-night minimum stay. https://swissaire.com/contact-us. Call and say you are with the “Citroen Celebration” to get put together in the group of rooms we have reserved. (NOTE: As there are only 26 rooms in the entire facility, it would be wise to ‘book early’ to guarantee your presence with the group. You can reserve your space now (with a credit card) with the option to cancel, without any cost or obligation, up to 48 hours before August 9.) Here is a little article about the area: https://tinyurl.com/yywxc4dj. Tall Ships will be in Duluth beginning that Sunday (present for a full three days, August 11-13, allowing interested parties to do both venues). We have added August 12 to the schedule, allowing for people to stay overnight in New Glarus Sunday evening and then drive up to Duluth to see the Tall Ships, should that interest you. For more info, contact Paul Vogel at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-212-5816.