The following URLs are listed specific to a Citroën model (listed in bold and in order of age of manufacture) – with a description of the link:
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21203766 – Tommy Bryce, a Scottish gentleman who completed the Monte Carlo rally in 1954, sets off from Glasgow to go to the race in his 1928 Citroën.
- https://traction.avant.free.fr/zulu.htm – The Tracbar Adventure Club’s, 7,500 km African Zulu Traction Avant adventure.
- https://www.t3.fr/modules.php?name=T3_Article&sid=472&theme=T3_TRACBAR – Full list of Tracbar (Traction Avant) global excursions.
- https://ftp.udena.ch/Andreas/postcards/default.html – Interesting old postcards that feature the Traction Avant.
- https://www.passionautomobile.com/tractionades/photos.html – Pictures from July 2003 of Tractions racing on the Circuit de Charade at Auvergne France.
- https://www.gluck.edu/citroen/ – For years Mark Gluck had searched for his dream. A 15/6 Traction Avant. At ICCCR 2002 he debuted an absolute beauty taking home a best of show award! The site is a fascinating history of how he acquired his car.
- https://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EA055D53ACA7?z=22 – Neat online Traction Avant Jigsaw puzzle. Be sure to change the cut! You can go as high as 257 pieces!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJmkBifuYs – Link to a video shot in France of the very sweet sound of a Traction Avant engine being fired up for the first from a serious engine rebuild due to a throwing rod. And there is an extended running video of the engine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpRVG2W1XL4
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iL_SUpIMsQ&feature=relate – Clip from a 1940 European film shot during the War showing a Gazogene Traction Avant driving along.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iL_SUpIMsQ&feature=related – Here is a 1940 film from Europe showing Gazogene Traction Avant driving along during the War.
- https://www.authentic-roads.com/ – Do you love the classic Traction Avant? Want to drive on some of the world’s most scenic roads? Then check out this French Company (and French only website) that can put you behind the wheel of one of their 8 Tractions!
- https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xio1ja_traction-avant-gazo_auto – A video by by Max Gastell-Defougeres showing a rare old Traction Avant Gazo starting and running. The Gazo burns charcoal, and these Tractions were pretty much the only way to get around France during WWII when gas was virtually nonexistent. It gets a little cheesy when the car starts and they show a rocket lifting off, but the rest is fascinating!
- https://www.traction15six.com/Liens_de_lamitie.html – Here is Philippe Tarcher’s site full of Traction stuff. The Swiss Traction enthusiast participated in last year’s Mille Miglia driving a 15/6H and did the Monte Carlo Historique with his other 15/6 blessed with a tailor–made six-speed gear box.
2CV / DYANE / TRUCKETTE
- https://users.pandora.be/citrobe/flm2cv.htm – Crash test movie of a 1950’s 2CV.ate demise on the road.
- https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7035779.stm – Interesting article published on the BBC website that discusses a 2CV in relation to current London England traffic congestion and emissions regulations.
- https://www.pompeypuddleducks.co.uk/picturegallery.html – Tells what life is like in England owning a 2CV with insight about Clubs and the events in which they participate.
- https://www.slowcarclub.com/r4vs2cv-movie.htm – This is the race everyone had been waiting for – the Renault 4 vs 2CV Challenge. No, you’re not watching a slo-motion replay. They are running flat out down the 1/4 mile!
- https://home.online.no/~selode/design/cars/Hot2cv.html – What would Citroën release if they had a mandate to build the next generation hot-rodded 2CV? Svein Erling Lode, a Norwegian industrial designer, thinks that it could turn out something like this.
- https://2cvtv.com/Events/2006/breconoffroad2006.html – Great series of 2CV off-road shots from the Brecon Off-road event in South Wales, September 2006.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MME0MGne7ng&feature=related – Great video of the 2CV ‘joie de vivre’ lifestyle edited to the music theme of Smokey and the Bandit.
- https://citroensanfrancisco.com/Launch.html – The official history of Escargot Motorcars, a Toronto based company Greg and John Long started in the late 1980’s to import and sell 2CV’s in North America. Check out the video on how they managed to pull off selling “new” 2CVs. The one MUST WATCH for anyone with a 2CV (or thinking about getting one) is the Escargot launch at the 1989 Toronto International Auto Show. John Long gives an impromptu presentation to the motoring press on the virtues of the 2CV over every other modern car.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvJp1X3qiog&feature=related – The famous 2CV chase scene from the James Bond movie For Your Eyes Only.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYxoZoljweY&feature=related – Probably the best video you are going to find on youtube of the 2007 2CV meet in Borlänge Sweden. It’s 10:42 in length.
- https://www.huureeneend.nl/?lang=EN – Want to rent a 2CV for your next vacation in Europe? Make sure you win the lottery before you go! A weekly rental is a rather hefty 699 €!
- https://www.carscoops.com/2009/05/insane-citroen-2cv-built-atop-ferrari.html – A “widened” 2CV Truckette on top, but a Ferrari F355 underneath. They call it a “super rally car”. It was fabricated by Nimik, a group of Italians who love to build zany race cars. https://www.nimik.it/rally/index.php
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmLJ19EiTt4 – This little video demonstrates what we would like to do with our Citroën 2CVs, if only they didn’t pour tons of salt on the roads during our North American winters.
- https://nos.nl/video/128229-voorbeschouwing-loosdrecht.html – Video showing a 2CV ploughing snow on a frozen canal skating rink. (You can see the 2cv around the 3:13 mark.)
- https://snail.s4.bizhat.com/snail-ftopic1088-0-asc-45.html – An interesting display of 2CV derivatives. Scroll the page and you’ll see an interesting custom built 2CV pick-up with back fenders that seem to be detached.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrE9OEqerc – OK, it is possible to rollover a 2CV. But as you can see, you have to be pretty stupid.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ZCbgNnoZ8&feature=related – 2 Dyanes in head-on crash test.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6D4NYWEU8&feature=player_embedded – A 2CV drag races an Oldsmobile 442 and wins! Not your stock 2CV!!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCpHahontU – If you watched the 2011 Academy Awards show you might have spotted a 2CV in the clip from “Madagascar, carnet de voyage,” (Madagascar, a Journey Diary) nominated for Best Animated Short Film. Here’s a link to the film where a European traveler records his efforts to come to terms with the unfamiliarity of Madagascan culture. See if you can spot 2CVs in nine shots within the film. (Hint: You’ll need to analyze frame by frame to find them all).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28RcLs3SbPs&feature=player_embedded#at=18 – Here’s a video of some muddy ducks (actually 4×4 2CVs) running amuck at Villevenard 2008.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txwMP9nOpGY – It doesn’t get any better than this! Brigitte Bardot driving in a 1950’s 2CV in the film La Bride Sur Le Cou. The driving sequence was shot with a stop motion effect which was very avant-garde for the time. Cut-off driving style aside, view this 6-1/2 minute clip that is the beginning of the film and you’ll probably be dreaming the rest of it tonight!
- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelvideo/8745128/2CV-tour-of-Paris.html#.ToN7SYxqK3g.email – Jeremy Hart takes in Paris’ finest sights from the bouncy comfort of a vintage Citroen 2CV.
- https://books.google.ca/books?id=GyEDAAAAMBAJ&printsec=front%20cover&dq=popular%20science%201961&hl=en&ei=R9F9Tr7NJMHosQKO_%20OVP&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC4Q6AEw%20AA#v=onepage&q&f=false – Michael Stefanovic sent us this link to the August 1961 issue of Popular Science magazine. In it, starting on Page 62, Harry Walton writes a very humorous article on how the French perceive the 2CV, and takes a drive with Mrs Charles Humbert, of Long Island, NY, who has one of the few 2CVs brought over to the USA.
- https://auto.liquida.it/photogallery/24842/citroeen-2cv-il-mito/?img=16 – Link containing 16 photos, some taken at the 2011 Salbris Friends of the 2CV meeting in France, of 2CV’s that go a long way to bolster their myth.
- https://gizmodo.com/5912640/real+life-tony-stark-turns-his-broken-down-car-in – Jeff Teerlinck points us to what Emile Leray did to ‘desert rat’ his broken down 2CV (after he hit a rock) and get back to civilization. And on Emile’s French site telling about the adventure check out the video clip of 2CV’s “mating”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuHxf565kw. Ah, those craaazy French!!!
- https://www.ev-store.com/fr/134/198/kit-de-conversion/vehicule-leger-kit-voie-privee.evstore – Care to turn your 2CV (or Dyane) into an electric vehicle? This French site offers an electric conversion kit to replace your gas two-banger with a linear electric motor for 4.920 euros, excluding the battery pack.
- https://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/stopandgotv/filmpje_2cv_cross_valkenswaard_2009_rollover_crash.aspx – Here’s a video of a 2CV flip in the 2CV cross Valkenswaard 2009 race.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=elxq4sfZJlk#! – Google installed a 2CV in their headquarters in France in Dec. 2011. This is a quick montage on how they did it.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41NzZhyFhi4 – Short video of a Citroen 2CV 4×4 and 4×2 Raid car event in Belgium. Freezing cold but excellent driving conditions for all the cars…
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6QsPIcV0nM – This might seem somewhat blasphemous to 2CV owners, but hey, it’s French comedy cinema.
DS & ID
- https://www.nuancierds.fr/EPO16.htm – At first hitting this page, you think this a radical anti-Citroën site. You couldn’t be more wrong. Go back home (to: https://www.nuancierds.fr) and you will discover thousands of interesting old photos, mostly containing DS. There are extensive history pages on DS colors, options, bumpers, – you name it!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJhYr2-PlY&feature=related – Excellent film on the Citroën DS (in French), with awesome footage of rally racing. And narrated by two of the Citroen’s championship rally drivers at that time. Make sure to watch all three parts!!!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpA_rZxhK8 – Five part youtube video about a DS bought from France by Wheeler Dealers and sold in the UK after a bit of refurbishment.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSavtsFq-Q – A comedic romp featuring a DS wagon in this excerpt from the film with Louis de Funès, Hibernatus. And there’s this scene in a DS 21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXv520McXGM
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSNwwvW7Rg&feature=email&tracker=False – This VIP perfume commercial set in Monaco features Usher and a “babe” in a Porsche Speedster being chased by 2 Citroën DS. The production values are pretty slick as is the driving!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUx8hVdDaPg – A music video featuring Carla Bruni as she composes her song “No Promises”. It has scenes of her with a gorgeous DS in Paris. Oh, and Carla is pretty easy on the eyes as well.
- https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIyNzE0NTE2.html – Charlize Theron stars with a Citroën DS in commercial for UNIQLO, a newstyle Japanese casual wear designer, manufacturer and retailer
- https://vimeo.com/33967022 – Here’s a stylish B&W music video of a song called Mean Monday by Yellow that prominently features a DS from the Helsinki Club Zurich.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWH6w6ercLY&feature=related – This 1958 Citroën DS19 was used as a prototype for demonstrating and testing inclining self-adjusting suspension by the Swedish inventor Julius Lindblom. The car has been preserved over all these years.
- https://vimeo.com/18283929 – DS24 – a fanciful look at what the DS could evolve to. You’d think it was done by Citroën but it is by design students at ISD Valenciennes.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EdUdX0p7kI – Greg Long takes his 1956 Citroën DS19 for its first (quick) drive since 1975!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqPi3NXAsRY – A 30 second Dutch movietone showing the introduction of the futuresque Citroen DS at the Paris motor show in 1955. This has 3 very nice interior shots.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1tLPnFzeq8&feature=related – Jaguar Mk2 vs Citroën DS auto chase. Bit of fun from a British ITC production action film. The Jag looses in the end in a rather spectacular way!
- https://www.dsinasia.com/ – A website dedicated to the Citroen DS in Asia.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W8RdwVz2vs&playnext=1&list=PLA2A17C5852941AB6 – A clip from the Marcello Mastroianni movie ‘The 10th Victim’ (1965) featuring a clear roof DS and a steering wheel that looks like it came from the TV sci-fi series The Thunderbirds!
- https://www.altaya.fr/coleccionable/citroen-ds-21.html – Interested in an exact working model of a DS with everything working, including the suspension? How about this 1/8 scale marvel. Definitely a project for next winter. Seems to be a pretty good deal even at 130 euros, providing you’ve got the patience!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZM449jO_Qg&feature=em-share_video_user – This is a video clip featuring the 2012 Mille Miglia shot in Brescia, Italy. It’s like you’re right there taking it all in! Go to 20:16 in the clip and you can see Louis Grenier’s 1957 DS19 that he shipped to Italy from Quebec for the event. That’s Louis in the passenger seat waving at the camera!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6CS9eBn0O8 – Enjoy this YouTube video of a DS vs Tesla. Greg Long pitched the idea to Motor Trend and of course it is his 56 D. Greg tells the whole story behind the piece here:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt6AE7uHpcU&feature=related – 1956 Citroën DS19 driving in the snow.
- https://www.studio100tv.be/videoclip/mega-mindy/toby-toby – Cute music video that should inspire you to get out in a Mehari. It’s from a Flemish TV series Mega Mindy that airs in Belgium and revolves around a girl who lives with her grandparents and works as a police officer but she has a secret identity as superhero.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmS978s0Jc0&feature=related – Citroën promotional video made in 1969 that shows Robert Opron and his approach to styling the GS.
- https://www.evalbum.com/868 – Australian Citroën owners are very ingenious. Interesting site that discuss the conversion of original gas powered 1976 Citroën GS Club to electric power plant.
- https://www.historicfilms.com/tapes/9000 – Check out the footage at 15:09:30 for this UK Citroen GSA commercial.
- https://www.suurland.com/blueprint_x.php?image=https://www.suurland-media.com/blueprints/cars_urban/citroen_sm.jpg – How about a SM blueprint to hang on your wall?
- https://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/citroen-sm/187642 – In this video Jay Leno takes us inside his extensive automobile collection in Los Angeles to discuss, along with Jerry Hathaway from SM World, his Citroën SM, the uniqueness of the car and the eccentricities of owning one.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zS1SJhQSlQ – The opening of the original film The Longest Yard, made in 1974 and featuring Burt Reynolds, had a legendary chase sequence in a Citroën SM. While you’re there take the time to view a dozen other videos with Citroëns in them.
- https://www.ina.fr/politique/presidents-de-la-republique/video/CAC95030024/chirac-a-l-arc-de-triomphe.fr.html – Historic video clip of French president Jacques Chirac making his first trip in the Presidential SM to the memorial event for the unknown soldier on the Champs Elysées.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDwpgskQvQ – How NOT to tow an SM. Well, at least they thoroughly parted the SM before they dragged it away. We wonder if the windshield was OK before he took a bar to it? The video shows that these two really are idiots. We’re surprised they didn’t pull the tow hook off the back of the GS. Bet they put in a new clutch afterwards!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCAspleV5M – If you’d like to see how hot an SM engine can run, take a look at the glowing exhaust manifolds toward the end of this video of a tweaked engine.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEWBstktU0&feature=player_embedded#at=131 – A SM racing in the SPA 24 in 1971. Check out the 1:05, 2:11 and 5:29 timeframes of the YouTube clip.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JL9IQ7bUg&feature=share – In the 1970’s the Gendarmerie used some French exotics to police the Autoroutes. Citroën SMs, DS and Renault Alpine A110s made up what was called the Rapid Intervention Brigade. In this 1973 video the police hunt offenders in a SM driving over 200 km/h and we get some insight into the driver training that officers underwent.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8B9erdk0go&feature=dir – The definitive instructional video on how to change the oil in your SM. What makes it so good? Just watch!!
- https://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2012/02/01/hmn_feature1.html – The March 2013 issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Cars magazine featured a good comparison of the Citroën SM and Maserati Merak, two cars that share the same drivetrain (and some other bits) albeit in a very different layout. Thanks to Jim Marr of Moncton. NB for bringing it to our attention.
- https://wwwjanetrobbinsaudio.blogspot.fr/2010/05/more-motor-mania.html – Here are some pictures and a report from the 40th Anniversary meet of the Citroen SM held at Reims, France.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6or6mC1Gg&feature=player_embedded – Scene from the 1975 film The Poliziotto where a Renault 5 chases a Citroen CX.
- www.quaidejavel.com/ – A jam-packed site with info on Retromobile, and virtually anything Citroën, past and present. It’s all in French, but don’t let that dissuade you!
- https://www.citroen.ac/ – A very Citroën info-rich German site. Extensive photos, movies and much, much more.
- https://citcity.citroen1.info/ – The site is called “Cit City – The place to be for Citroën lovers”. In it you will find a vast range of Cit material, from 2CV water racing to Citroën comic archives.
- https://breta.free.fr/citroen/citroen.htm – A galley of cool shots of various vintage Citroens. Click on the left to go to other French classics like the Panhard Dynamic in the ‘Autres Véhicules’ section. Back-up one level on the site and you will see a listing of some very obscure French car names such as Amilcar, Berliet, Chenard, Licorne and Tracta.
- https://www.mes-annees-50.com/citroen_CH14.htm – In the early 1970s Citroën wasn’t just enjoying the success of the DS, SM , GS and the 2CV. Check out the CITROËN CH 14 Currus (1971).
- https://www.le-camion.nl/ – We often overlook the lowly H-Van, but not here! This site by Jong of The Netherlands is called “Citroën HY-vereniging le-Camion” and it is one of the biggest fan Clubs for the boxy time-warp wonder!
- https://home1.stofanet.dk/terminalen/indhold.htm – Not everybody loves Citroën. This Danish site is operated by a fellow that has thorough disgust for AMI, 2CV, DS, and CX. It’s all in Danish so I’m not sure if he mongers a true hate of double chevrons, or is paying a very weird homage to Citroëns. Certainly a testament to free speech!
- https://grumlt.citrina.lt/CitroPasakos/CitroZaislai.html – Want to make a cutout (also known as a polydron or net) of your favorite Citroën? This Italian site has them. Here you will find color cutouts that you can print for the 2CV, H-Van, DS21, Mehari, BX, XM and the ZX.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyGX3cT5qv4&feature=related – German submitted video clip was shot at a 2CV meet in Europe where a 2CV enthusiast demonstrated a model Deux Cheveaux helicopter he constructed
- www.kidswheels.co.uk/products104.htm – Here’s something for the kids at Christmas. A Citroën 2CV Charleston Pedal car.
- 3 of the greatest car chases ever filmed. And bonus: They just happen to involve Citroëns! 1) High Crime (1973) – DS chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6NdqHjX0wI&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div&fmt=6, 2) Tony Arzenta (1973) – DS chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sLErXiwTo&NR=1&fmt=6, 3) Ronin – XM chase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUhjHtdoY4&feature=related
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPIr3Obe8c – Alfa vs DS Citroën. Yet another classic film scene where the DS is driven to the brink of destruction.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2dciqRn3c – This clip from the film “Poliziotto Sprint” shows a Ferrari 250 GT in chase of a DS. Amazing not just for the action, but that the Ferrari they trashed would command over $200K today.
- https://useloos.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=2592 – The C4 may not be coming to America, but it did visit long enough to shoot a Transformer themed commercial in New York City to the song Staying Alive.
- https://www.synlube.com/testcars.htm – An interesting history of Citroën and SynLube Synthetic Super Lubricants, designed to let you drive for up to 15 years, 150,000 miles or 4,000 engine hours without an oil change! We are not condoning their use over the practice of regular oil changes, but in visiting the SynLube website they do feature 3 Citroëns that were extensively tested with the product.
- https://citroenazu.tk/gallery/gallery – In December 2008, C42 in Paris displayed an interesting mix of “sport” Citroëns that included the new GT by Citroën concept car, the C-métisse and a 1970 SM. Excellent photo gallery posted by Martijn van Well (from the Netherlands) of their presence at C42. Look for the C42 header and enjoy!!
- https://www.autoshite.com/index.php?id=78 – This site gives you glimpse of some of Europe’s most obscure non-exotic cars, and others that are just rotting away. Click on “Barn Finds”.
- https://www.auto-collection.org/php/index.php?rubrique=Mus%E9es%20:%20France – If you are planning a trip to Europe and want to visit a few car museums, this is the site for you. It lists 35 car collections and each one is hot-linked so you are just one click away! And there is an extensive list of Citroën clubs!
- https://www.bornrich.org/entry/custom-made-citroen-ds-car-couch – Want the ultimate couch? For a mere $40K Fred Bailey will make you a concours experience for your Citroën derrière.
- https://autouniversum.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/it-came-from-outer-space-citroen-u55-currus-cityrama/ – Site showing tourists being ferried around Paris in double-decker Citroën buses in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. Très cool!
- https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialcitroen#p/u/4/_UPscUUOtpA – The Eiffel Tower was specially illuminated on Oct. 28, 2009 for the launch of the new Citroën C3. And a video was made shooting through the vertical panoramic Visiodrive windshields of various C3s.
- https://www.scaryideas.com/content/4041/ – The Citroën C1 commercial that is a special effects extravaganza based on Rubik’s Cube. This link shows the commercial and how it was made!
- https://www.funnyplace.org/stream.php?id=13536 – Innovative Citroën C3 Visiodrive commercial by advertising agency: Euro RSCG Düsseldorf (Germany) where the Citroën really swings!
- https://www.ina.fr/economie-et-societe/environnement-eturbanisme/video/AFE03006780/departs-en-vacances-sur-lanationale-7.fr.html – Marvelous silent black & white film that shows the national French highway (N7) in what appears to be the late 1950’s. A must see: Packed with Citroën 2CVs, Traction Avants, H-Vans and a DS or two…. And packed with other classics including a Renault 4CV, Peugeot 203 and 403, Panhards and some notable English classics. Can you spot the Morgan?
- https://bringatrailer.com/ – Website that highlights ads for unique classic cars.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7wvKTbTmA – Footage from the 1961 Monte Carlo Rally. Yes there is a DS in there. (Two in fact)! However the star of the video is a Panhard PL17 that manages a 1st place finish!
- https://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=17362 – Rally compilation video with spectacular footage. And the best part? – The last car shot of course… A Citroën DS leaving a dusty beaten path and traveling over a hill!
- https://photocarsonline.com/blog/2008/06/09/citroen-2cv-concept/ – Italian designer Paolo Martin has put forth a proposal that combines the essence of the retromobile with 2CV aesthetics and modern technology.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYkVtz6ozJE – There’s a Citroën CX in this video (for a second), but more importantly this funky 70’s French video of Grace Jone’s “La Vie En Rose” has has a sole and emotion that is mesmerizing!
- https://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/12/citroen-ds-crossed-withtoyota- – DCrosser. It combines a modified body of the classic Citroên DS with the chassis and powertrain of a 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser. Be sure to watch the video!
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLZE23EJKs&feature=play – You can see Buckminster Fuller’s revolutionary automobile the Dymaxion actually driving. The woman in the back seat at the 27 second mark appears to be Amelia Earhart who we think ordered one of his cars but he could not afford to build it. And if you’d like to see construction details, check out this video technical illustration of the Dymaxion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M8LMq8ulBA&feature=related
- https://www.vimeo.com/19364115 – Remember Peter Gabriel’s Sledgehammer music video from the eighties? Lyrics like “You could have a steam train. If you’d just lay down your tracks you could have an aeroplane.” It was one of the first usages of layered digital effects. Well, here’s the same visual treatment in Citroën’s C3 commercial.
- https://n.herrmann.free.fr/indexpho.htm – Talented photographers in France and junkyard settings can yield some amazing results. The images of Nicolas Herrman and Jacques Boguel, many of them Citroëns, are beautifully displayed on this website.
- https://www.yourdiscovery.com/video/ultimate-cars-citroen-2cv/ – Here are two Discovery Channel videos. One on the 2CV and the other on the DS. A bit of fluff!! In the 2CV video they claim the man shown is Pierre-Jules Bélanger. In fact they are showing An-dré Citroën. Oh well… Let’s hope this is not ultimately archived as an historically accurate video! Also a DS video: https://www.yourdiscovery.com/video/ultimate-cars-citroen-ds/
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3HE35n5kA&feature=player_embedded#at=38 – We’ve written about Henri Fradent’s collection of low mileage of un-restored, post war Citroëns at Citromuseum near Castellane France. Now there is a YouTube video featuring Henri describing his collection. The real thing is definitely a must see if you are in the southeast of France. The website is: https://www.citromuseum.com/index.php?id=presentatio
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXq9j8M-KpU&feature=email – See Citroën’s electric-powered Survolt concept car take on an electric Agni Z2 motorcycle in the world’s first electric car vs bike showdown. BTW, the driver in the Survolt is Vanina Ickx.
- https://www.youtube.com/embed/EHTADX5nxT8 – Never mind the wine……How ‘bout that car in the background. OK, we have to admit that the tip about opening a wine bottle without a cork screw is pretty useful as well.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHSe5uTC2o&feature=player_embedded# – Dave Burnham sent us this link to an ice racing film by René Vernadet of the Ronde Hivernale Automobile de Chamonix 1971-1972. It features DS, GS, even an SM ice racing in France. Dave is heavily involved with the AMEC (Adirondack Motor Enthusiasts Club) and ICE races in the northeast US each winter.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LtmfJCuajoQ – Here’s a nice save in a DS3 by the Citroën Rally Team during the Sweden Rally 2012. Thanks to Dean Renwick of Professional Auto Appraisals in Toronto for bringing this Swedish Rally video clip to our attention.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AjmLmG16Nw&feature=related – We are pleased to post a link to the superb documentary “Louis Renault et André Citroën, la course du siecle”. It profiles both men, how they became leading French industialists, how they became arch rivals, and the tragic demise of both. It contains fascinating footage of both and of their factories at the start. This a must watch. View the full version in French at the above link. We did the first 30 minutes with an English narration soundtrack at: https://vimeopro.com/francetvdistribution/renault-vs-citroen
- https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw48wo_19-alle-e-des-marronniers-une-saison-de-rallye-wrc-avec-citroen-sebastien-loeb-et-mikko-hirvonen_auto?start=1#.UQ2em-h5lGp – 19 allée des Marronniers – une saison de Rallye WRC avec Citroën. This 75 minute Citroën Rally film is a wonderfully produced behind the scenes insight into Citroën’s rallying commitment. Naturally it focuses in the racing success of their world championship team of Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena and Citroën’s support for Sébastien as he makes the transition from rally to track racing.
- https://www.evalbum.com/ – A website of home-made electric vehicle conversions including some Citroëns.
- https://www.mcarpedi.com/collection.html – Classic French automotive postcards from the Mcarpedi Collection. The man behind the collection is Erik Verhaest from France.
- https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.539411239422556.119389.179034595460224&type=1 – Hovering Cits. Need we say more? Thanks to Raj for the link the these Photoshopped pics.
- https://www.panhard-club.nl/film.php – Click on the two links below the main picture on the Dutch Panhard club’s website. Fun videos.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jeGBa0vNqa4 – Enjoy this slideshow of images from vintage postcards in towns in the 1930’s, 1940’s and 1950’s.
- https://www.mclellansautomotive.com/sales-lit/bymake/citroen/index.shtml – Vintage Citroen literature & photos. Available for sale.
- https://www.gwccc.freeyellow.com/HNews.html – Website of the Greater Wellington Citroën Car Club Inc. in New Zealand.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-quZEjnbs&feature=PlayList&p=2311181842B5EC4F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=24 – In early 2006 some members of the Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc, and their cars, were included in a French tourism/travel adventure documentary by French film maker Stephane Cohen. The voice over is in french, but you’ll get the general idea.
- https://www.citroenracing.com/en/ – Citroën have created a website, ‘Citroën Racing’, dedicated exclusively to their track and rally competition activities. While we at Citroënvie do not report on every race in which Citroen participates, here is a way you can keep current with everything race related to Citroën. Just visit https://www.citroenracing.com/en/.
- https://www.youtube.com/embed/d5QBEEQiaLk – Here is an excellent short video on the overall history of Citroën, and the effort Ctiroën takes to preserve it’s heritage with Le Conservatoire.
We Love Panhards…. They are such interesting vehicles, steeped in history and innovation. Panhard was originally called Panhard et Levassor, and was established as a car manufacturing concern by René Panhard and Émile Levassor in 1887. The last Panhard passenger car was built in 1967. After assembling 2CV panel trucks for Citroën in order to utilize capacity in face of falling sales, and raising operating cash by selling ownership progressively to Citroën (full control as of 1965), in fall of 1967 the civilian branch was absorbed by Citroën, and the automobile marque was retired. From 1968 on, Panhard has only made armored vehicles.
Here are 6 interesting videos on the post WWII era Panhard cars:
First are two charming videos about two owners of Panhards in France (in French of course):
Florian, from the German Panhard Club made this video where souped-up his old Dyna Z with a special Tigre motor. (The picture quality isn’t the best, but listen):
Panhard USA Club president John Peterson posted this video of his sister, Kim, his wife, Nikki and him cruising in the his Panahrd 24 in 2008:
And John also posted this video on YouTube of his 1960 PL17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7wvKTbTmA – Footage from the 1961 Monte Carlo Rally. Yes there is a DS in there. (Two in fact)! However the star of the video is a Panhard PL17 that manages a 1st place finish!
For an extensive listing of Citroën Parts and Service Resources check out our online directory in the Members section of this website.