At the end of August, for the past three years, Citroën garage and restoration shop “Les Automobiles de Rik” has staged an informal gathering of Citroën enthusiasts near the village of Saint Alphonse-Rodriguez, Quebec. Located in the beautiful region of Lanaudière that stretches from the Saint Lawrence River just north of Montréal toward the Laurentian mountains, Citroëns and their owners once again gathered from August 25 – 26, and enjoyed great camaraderie. Registration was $50 CAN per person, and if you were one to enjoy camping, that was free!
As this picture gallery illustrates, 2CVs were the dominant model for the weekend!
Click to see the full picture gallery.
Saturday, August 25
• 8 am to 12 pm – Registration and snacks. Buy & Sell yard sale
• 12 pm to 1 pm – Bring your lunch.
• 1 pm to 5 pm – Regional ride and quiz.
• 6 pm – Meal at ‘’Les Automobiles de Rik’’ (Menu : Paëlla or sausages, salad, desert & coffee).
• Evening – Bonfire, music (Bring your instrument!)
Sunday, August 26
• 8:30 am to 11 am – Breakfast at Onze Onze Café du Village, chez Pierre
• 11 am – Travel to visit Saint-Alphonse and area.
• 12:30 pm – FRIETKOT (snack of French fries – Belgian style) at Les automobiles de Rik
• 1:30 to 3:30 – Ride with 2CVs.
• Post 3:30 – Relaxed afternoon at the garage.
Peace & Love Rendezvous has become a favourite summer event, and thanks go out to Nathalie and Rik Dehaen for organizing a fun weekend in the Lanaudière region of Québec.