For sale is a documented 38,363 miles, 1973 Citroën SM 3 Liter 5-speed with vinyl cloth sunroof. While this is a U.S. Spec car, a European turning headlight assembly was sourced and installed in 2017. The dash has no cracks; body panels and chassis are rust free and the engine has had a recent top end service. Highlights are bullet-pointed below.
- Chassis: 00SD00471
- 38,363 Miles currently showing, verified by maintenance records to not be 138K or 238K
- 3.0 Liter Type C114/4 Maserati V-6, Engine No. 400.131
- Five-Speed Manual Transaxle
- Gris Nacre Paint
- Black Leather Upholstery
- Vinyl Cloth Sunroof (Weathershields, Ltd)
- European-spec headlight assembly (aka ‘Euro Nose’)
- Major engine service in 2013:
- Cylinder heads overhauled by Excelsior Motors, including stainless steel exhaust valves
- Replaced all head bolt studs in engine block
- Replaced head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, primary chain cover gasket, coolant manifold gaskets, breather hose manifold gasket and oil pan gasket
- Replaced water impeller seal, new lock ring and acorn nut
- Replaced both oil seals for intermediate shaft
- New primary and cam shaft chains, primary chain tensioner and curved fixed chain limiter. Cam timing adjusted to accommodate curved limiter
- Brake accumulator, main accumulator, and all four suspension spheres overhauled and re-gassed in 2013.
Owing to the car’s original, unmolested condition, the paint and body work do show a few nicks, dents and scratches and the upholstery has a tear in the center pillow cushion of the front passenger seat, and some undone stitching in the rear seat. (Two spare front seats and two spare rear seats are included with sale). The A/C system has not been tested and assumed it is not working, though all components are present. The clock does not work. The headlight lamps need re-silvering and the passenger’s side headlight hydraulic turning mechanism does not hold fluid (recommend converting to bicycle cable mechanism).
Located in Chicago. Price: $45,000 US.