From the ‘All it needs is a clutch’ dept:
Citroënvie member Nazar Miszczuk found this little treasure on Craigslist in Monterey California. Since he lives in San Jose and absolutely loves pre-war Citroëns, he couldn’t resist dragging this one back home. However he’s a bit perplexed as to what it actually is.
Judging from the shape of the rear of the body and no door on the drivers side, we feel it might be a Cloverleaf Citroën 5 HP Type C, 1921 – 1926.
It looks to have the round boat tail rear. Nazar notes:
- The tire mounted at the back of the car is on a special bracket frame with license plate over it.
- There is a passenger side door only.
- Horizontally split window with adjustable window turn angle frame.
- Single bench seat (no other seating).
- Convertible retractable frame roof for only front seating bench.
- Mid portion of the bonnet over dashboard has a louvers on both sides.
- Citroen logo on the tire hub with “D” marked bolts (tire size – 135×400).
Got any ideas? Post your thoughts!