We are pleased to show this superlative SM that has been fastidiously restored and maintained by its meticulous owner — a fellow who most certainly appreciates the virtues of this Citroën, but who also owns and personally maintains many Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati models he has collected over the years.
Just look at the specs and pics. [Note that the car is not-fitted with air conditioning, but that is the way many SMs were delivered in Europe. AC was standard on all SMs sold in North America and though not present in this car, it is most certainly not a deficiency. It is possible to have AC installed and now a modern rotary compressor can be fitted as opposed to the piston-type compressors that were installed by the factory.]
- 3 owners from new
- 88,000 km on the odometer
- Contrôles history since 1992 at 45,000 km
- Last owner since 2008 gave the car an astounding restoration with bills for parts, and work totaling 1200 hours.
- May 1971 — French delivery
- 2.7L Carburetted engine
- 5-speed manual gearbox
- The restoration was a nut and bolt job where the structure was fully checked including the front axle mounting
- All brightwork and glass were dismantled for re-paint, even the rear windows
- Feuille dorée AC 319 – original colour paint
- The result is striking , with beautiful fluid lines, low paint thickness (rare in a restored car), and no waves or orange peel to the paint job.
- Steel wheels with original hubcaps
- The only faults in the body are a light adjustment needed of the passenger door (we understand the owner is correcting it), 2 dings on the lower windscreen trim, light pitting of the door handles (non restored Zamac items), and 2 small scratches in clear coat of the front right wing.
- Complete top-quality restoration
- Nice grained Havane leather close to the original texture
- New high-quality carpet
- New roof lining
- Original, well preserved steering wheel
- Continental Edison radio.
- Fully overhauled, all ancillaries checked
- Full detailing of the engine bay respecting colors textures, part specifications of a 1971 model
- New exhaust in thick S/S, produces a lovely discrete song.
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Correct Michelin XWX 205 15 tires
- Original steel wheels powder coated in black, perfectly detailed hubcaps, each of them taking several hours of work
A great SM that has been treated with love by its last owner. It is being offered for sale for just under 100.000 €. If you would like to own a model like this, or perhaps even the one you see here, please contact us.