We are pleased to show you this time-warp early DS!
With only 31,000 km original kms, and careful attention paid to ensure that it looks and drives in a lovely manner, (not so often found with such old models), this DS19 is an exceptional find.
It was bought from the 1st owner in the mid-80’s from Avignon. It had 13,000 km at that time. And it still has its original carte grise.
This DS been featured in many magazines, books and DS calendars:
- It is the star of the Original DS book.
- It was displayed at 75 years of Citroën in the Berlage Beurs.
- It was shown at Citroën Netherlands to celebrate the advertising designer Karel Suyling.
So, a well known and truly authentic DS;
- Bleu Nuage body and wheels, Aubergine roof.
- Body and wheels repainted as the original paint became to thin, roof, B and C pillar still original paint
- Interior Helanca Gros Motif Bleu
- Front seats have new covering, but the door cards are in perfect original condition. The rear seat original covering shows some damage (Helanca just breaks when getting very old), but forethought was given to purchase spare material — a new fabric that matches better than the Austrian reproduction.
- Carpets are original and in perfect condition
- Ceiling original and in perfect condition
- Trunk original in perfect condition
- Dashboard completely original, no modifications or damage
- Perfect chassis without protection.
Many NOS parts have recently fitted; like original spheres, LHS reservoir, front exhaust damper (expensive and rare), blinkers, lights, and many very rare parts like the small indicators on the front wings and B-pillars. And the exhaust is now stainless steel from the damper onwards.
2 New Michelin X were fitted last year. Fresh service this year includes; new LHS and battery.
All this done to maintain a practical driving DS19, while retaining as close as possible — a concours level.
We know that the owner is open to selling this vehicle for a reasonable offer. If you feel you would like to own such a remarkable DS, contact us.