A new video appeared on YouTube today promoting the 90 Years of the Traction Avant – International Traction Avant Meeting that will be held at Circuit de Charade, Puy de Dome, France from May 9 to 11, 2024. Traction Club Des Volcans had a few members go there with their Tractions and shoot a few lovely sequences to inspire Traction Avant enthusiasts worldwide to attend.
1,000 Tractions are expected for the event with registration closing at the end of February 2024.
The agenda includes:
- A special museum dedicated to the Traction Avant
- A Concours d’élégance for Tractions
- Conferences on the Traction and Citroën history,
- Local tour rallies
- Opportunities to drive your Traction on Le Circuit de Charade — considered by Sir Stirling Moss as the nicest circuit in the world.
- A Gala dinner
And of course there is the opportunity to visit the beautiful Auvergne region in the center of France.
- Registration fees : €90 for the car and 2 passengers (€70 for the car & driver only), €30 for any additional passenger. This price will include access to the circuit during the 3 days, to the track for a collective Traction convoy, an aperitif dinner on Thursday evening, and of course the welcome pack including rally plaque. This fee does not include the accommodation, and the “Diner de gala” on the Saturday night (will be €67 per person) at the Zenith de Clermont-Ferrand. Early registrations (ie: before December) are highly recommended, for two main reasons: 1) You will benefit from a special price, and 2) Maximum attendance will be 1000 Tractions, not one more !