The Rendezvous chauffeurs, David, Daniela, & Sophia Cossitt-Levy, Tim Kinnel and Christopher Westfall, have been tracking the spread of COVID-19 and solicited feedback from many to assess its impact on R20. Given the unprecedented toll on all aspects of our lives, it is with a heavy heart that they are announcing the cancellation of our beloved Father’s Day Weekend Citroën Rendezvous for 2020. Please note, if you have made reservations with the Holiday Inn, our new home base, you must cancel or amend directly with the hotel.
As we navigate the COVID-19 situation safely together as a community and in an effort to keep our community engaged, the Rendezvous chauffeurs are reviewing 2 unique ways to meet up in 2020:
- Virtual Rendezvous: While they are not entirely sure what this will become just yet, 2 long time Rendezvous attendees (Martin Gambony & Uschi Walter) got the creative thoughts rolling by suggesting to collect Rendezvous photos from past events or your latest photos of you & your favourite Citroën. They are also looking at ways to collect videos of unique Citroën content. They would then publish this over the course of Father’s Day weekend. If we must practise social distancing, at least we can enjoy our cars & community safely!
- Un Petit Rendezvous: Thanks to the creative mind of Robert Monteleone, they are also looking at possibly holding a smaller version of the Rendezvous in September (most likely date would be Sept. 12th). They would expect this to be a one day only event in Saratoga though don’t let that stop you from spending the weekend there. Saratoga Springs has been a superb location for Rendezvous and they would like to help the many small businesses recover quickly from the COVID economic impacts.
As well, there are a few other events highlighting Citroëns this year:
- Citroëns at Carlisle, part of Carlisle Import (re)scheduled for August 14-16, 2020
- French Revolution in Swampscott MA in late September
- Sunday in the Park at Limerock CT track over Labor Day weekend (Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020). Limerock recently got in touch to say they are focusing on Citroëns in the Concours paddock this year! See limerock.com/historicfestivalsunday for more info
Lastly, you all know that we’d not be able to keep our cars on the road, much less hold the Rendezvous every year, without the support of our key vendors. Please reach out to them with any needs. They are always there for us:
- Dave Burnham ~ www.daveburnhamcitroen.com
- Brad Nauss ~ www.bradnaussauto.com
- Erik DeWidt of Classic Motorcars International ~ www.erikdewidt.com
- Kenji & Marion Yoshino of French Parts Service~ www.2cvsource.com
- Andre Pol of Citroën Andre ~ citroen-andre.com
As always, the best way to stay engaged throughout the year is to join Citroenvie.com. George Dyke and the team keep us all up to date on the latest happenings in our group. As we all have a bit of extra time on our hands, perhaps write a piece for publication on Citroënvie. And if you are not a member, please join!